THE JULIE STORIES (2017)
Short Film, USC Cinematic Arts MFA Thesis
Written and directed by Julio Vincent Gambuto
Produced by Amanda Milius and Thembi Banks
Cinematography by Jon Speyers
Staten Island, 1993. Big Julie has been a bus driver for 25 years and wants his piece of the American Dream. When he sees an infomercial for a new franchise business — Lighting Luber — he quits his job and sets out to build the company of his dreams. But door-to-door is not his thing, and he and his family must band together to avoid an American Nightmare.
- Winner, Gold Circle Award from the Caucus Foundation for Producers, Writers, Directors — Best Student Film, 2nd Place. Read about it in Variety
- Winner, Best Comedy, Atlanta Shortfest
- Nominee, Best Comedy at USC's annual showcase of the film school's best work
- Winner, Best Actor, Joseph Callari, IndieFest
- Winner, New Filmmaker Grant, Panavision
- Official Selection, Vail Film Festival, Arizona International Film Festival, Palm Springs Film Festival Marketplace, the First Look Film Festival at USC, and Wavestock 2017.
The Julie Stories is the concept short film for the second feature film project slated to be produced by Borough Five Pictures.
Learn more at thejuliestories.com.
WATCH the short online at thejuliestories.com/screener